Monday, November 28, 2005

Time well spent

I was very fortunate to have 5 days off last week, and I certainly enjoyed them! I already posted what happened most of Wednesday, although that night Brian took me to see P&P, which we both loved.
Thursday was Thanksgiving, and there is so much to be thankful for this year. Our health - last year at this time I was gearing up for a most painful surgery from which I completely recovered. Family - three new babies (Joey, Aine & Sophie), plus a 6 yr old girl from Haiti that M&B are sponsering through Compassion International. Work - after being let go from the Museum in May after 4 years of diligent work, Brian was crushed. My boss immediately gave him a temporary job that kept him busy over the Summer and after that, Brian was able to get back in at Dillin Engineered Systems. Home - we moved into our 2 bedroom apt in April, and with Brian not working steadily, struggled through the Summer to pay our rent. Now we're back on our feet and we're putting an offer on a house today!
Friday we hung out at Levis Commons, and Saturday we ran around and went to Olive Garden for lunch ... that night Brian and I saw Elizabethtown, which neither of us liked too well. Yesterday morning we had breakfast at Mar & Dad's and sent Mindy and Brandon on their way! Then B & I drove out to Gram & Papa's for the afternoon and ran errands ... Lowe's, Monnette's and then we came home and put up our Christmas tree. The lights are up and our lovely red mirrored garlands, but we are finishing it tonight while we watch Elf again.
"Bye Buddy, hope you find your Dad."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?