Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Um, yeah.

So we didn't close yesterday ... apparently we have to wait until the refrigerator is delivered to the house today, and we can close after that ... so we're scheduled for 4 pm. However, if it hadn't been for the loving generosity of a few family members, we wouldn't be closing at all ... so we are thankful for that.
Our weekend was kind've busy ... Saturday we spent the whole day over at Eric's old house, trying to get it all fixed up. Brian helped with the bathroom, and I helped Mar paint the kitchen ... it's looking so good! I love the color in the kitchen ... it's called "Rhinestone" and it's a very pale grey. Pretty! We were supposed to go to dinner with some Museum friends on Saturday night, but we skipped out, since Brian's been sick and we were both exhausted. We stopped and got some movie popcorn, then just lounged around at home.
Sunday was great ... Elizabeth had her first ballet recital and it was so just so freaking cute. She was the only one in her little class that knew what she was doing! After that we ran home for a bit, and I got ready to go to A & A's church Christmas program ... Brian opted out cos he was so tired, and frankly, I didn't want him blowing snot bubbles next to me in church :o) Jonah and Elizabeth sang in a little choir and it was great ... Jonah just stood up there with a big smile on his face with his hands down the back of his pants! That was like the cutest thing ever. Anyway, it was nice to see some people I hadn't visited with in like ... um a REALLY long time.
Since we didn't close yesterday, we just had dinner and packed and wrapped Christmas presents and filled out a few cards and that's about it. It was very relaxing... which is good, because I have a feeling the next 10 days are going to be nuts.
Tomorrow night we go to Bonnie's new place, with Adele, for dinner. Thursday night we paint the kitchen cupboards and get the bathroom fixed up, Friday we move, Saturday we have Christmas Eve at Gran's and Sunday ... well Sunday is Christmas! The Stroll side is having a thing at 3 ... which is incredibly silly I think. The middle of the afternoon! How about having it at like 6 or 7. Anyway, we're not sure if we're going to that ... we're kind've hoping we can just relax that day and open our gifts and have a nice day all to ourselves.
Okay, time to work.

Comments:
You've got to get that house! I'm counting on you having it for my birthday party.

Also, for some reason my family also does the 3:00 in the afternoon thing. I think it is so they can sleep in and still have their evenings.
 
Oh we're getting it! EVENTUALLY.
Yeah, I think 3pm is the dumbest time to have a get-together... I like my evenings, but I really like not having to split up my day!
 
You're welcome! It gave us some practice for this weekend!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?