Wednesday, February 08, 2006

goings on.

I didn't get too much done off my list over the weekend - what with getting sick and all. I did manage to grocery shop, force pills down doggy throats and spend time with family.
With being sick, I have been having a hard time waking up in the mornings - which means a lot of time spent standing under the shower until the hot water runs out and then being hit with freezing cold water. Inevitably the slugishness causes me to show up at work later than I prefer. I think part of the problem is that I wake up with Brian at 5am, and then try to fall back asleep after he's gone ... and that doesn't usually happen until about 20 minutes before my alarm is scheduled to go off - which all makes for a very unhappy Sary. I much prefer my weekends when I don't need to set an alarm and I can wake up to the nudge of 4 soft, wet noses as their owners stretch and vie for my attention. As much as I hate Brian having to work weekends, I don't mind being warmed by the mountains of dog on my bed.
I started and finished The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler this weekend. It wasn't as good as I'd expected; I liked the idea of the book, but I wasn't fond of all the characters and their particular stories.
More work to be done on the house this week. As my dad says, the joys of homeownership never cease. Hopefully we'll just work on the kitchen ... getting the cupboards primed & painted (a project I had hoped to finish last weekend), getting curtains made and perhaps painting the walls and finding some ceiling tile we like (as in, patterned copper or white tiles).
I'm out.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?