Friday, June 16, 2006

ergh.

this has been a crappy work week! i'm noticing more and more how much i don't like people.


example:

(phone rings)
me: good afternoon, noral.
her: hi this is ______ and i live at ______ (random complaints). and furthermore, everytime it rains my patio floods and one of these days, it's going to come into my house. last time we had a hard rain i was standing at the door, looking outside and the rain came down and i thought, 'my god! what if it flooded my living room! what would i do!' so i really need somebody to look at it and fix it.
me: well, ma'am, i'm very sorry about all the inconveniences you're having, but i'm not really sure if there's anything we can do to fix the patio problem - but i'd be more than happy to pass on your concern and let bonnie know.
her: well i think i talked to bonnie once.
:pause:
me: oh, well that's good. i'll just remind her about it and then we'll let you know what we can do, okay?
her: well i'd be very upset if something happened and my living room was flooded.
me: i understand, ma'am, i'd be upset too. i'll see what we can do for you, okay? in the meantime, let's hope it doesn't rain!
:caller cackles:
her: oh and what was your name?
me: my name is sarah.
her: oh thank you sarah.
me: okay, thanks for calling ma'am, have a good weekend.

and then i hung up on her.

i guess it's better than these callers:

"yeah... um. there are spiders in the grass and they are leaving webs all over the place. what are you going to do about it?"

and -

"i live at ______ (which happens to be on the river) and there are geese everywhere. the geese are pooping in the yard. can you do something about that?"


grrrrr.

Comments:
"It don't blow no cold air."
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?