Friday, February 23, 2007

paint.

Hopefully I'll be spending the majority of this weekend painting. I am going to attempt something similar to this on the wall in our smallest bedroom. We had wanted to stay with a piratey theme in that room, but nothing was working out very well, plus I hate matchy-matchy stuff, and I was afraid it would end up going in that direction. I'm going for the tree on the wall simply because the room is small, and I want things on the walls, but don't want it to feel crowded. This is my way of filling a wall without the bulk.
Basically the room will have a vintage/mod feel. I am pulling together fabrics for a simple brick pattern quilt and keeping my eyes out for the perfect mix of old and new.

Comments:
That is somewhat similar to what I wanted to do in my tree room. I wanted to do the trunk of the tree in the corner and make the branches flow across the wall over the couch. Although my tree was to be a cherry tree, and it didn't involve a bird. But it's a very cute idea! I am sure it will look extremely cute!
 
Cherry tree sounds lovely! (Ooo, in a pale pink!) I didn't end up getting this painted -- I wasn't feeling very well and mostly chilled out over the weekend ... but hopefully it's something I can work on over the next few weekends.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?