Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Update.

A lot has happened in the last month for us ----
Kayla started school!
Jovie turned 6 mos old!
And most recently, as in THIS MORNING, Brian was given a firm offer of employment with the U.S. Border Patrol. He is leaving on or near September 25th for the Academy in Artesia, NM. He will (hopefully) graduate from there on December 18th. From there he will be assigned to and start at his post in Uvalde, TX. At this point we have no idea when the kids and I might be able to join him, because of the adoption situation. I spoke with the caseworker this morning, and she said that if Ohio Supreme Court rules in favor of the biological parents, the kids WILL be sent back, and CSB will reopen the case & try to have the children removed for some other reason -- in the meantime, she said they would be checking in on the kids once a week.

So needless to say .... I was horrified. She said if all of this happens (which she is SURE it won't, I say sarcastically), she would think it'd be 2-3 more years of waiting.

If that doesn't happen, and the court finds in favor of CSB, we'll hopefully be able to join Brian in TX as soon as we sign the papers (AGAIN).

It's a lot to take in --- my husband leaving for the next 2 1/2 months, and then to be separated again, for a very uncertain amount of time is heartbreaking. I know I can handle it, at least I hope I can, but I worry that it will be too difficult for the kids to handle. But we shall see. We covet anyone's prayers, and if you want to know more, just give me a call.


xoxo

Comments:
Oh my goodness. That is a lot to take in - I think this must illuminate your recent facebook status? I would be freaking out, too. Here is a ((hug)) and I will be praying.
 
thanks rachel :o)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?